Sunday, March 2, 2008

Assignment 2-3 Myths Analysis

Hollywood - The American Dream

I chose the sign Hollywood that is located atop Mount Lee, in the Hollywood hills and the Walk of Fame on Hollywood Boulevard. The components of the monomyth is

1. The Call to Adventure
2. The Road of Trials
3. The Magic Flight

The reason I chose these two icons is very odd. I was watching a television show
that stated the Hollywood sign will be hard to see in the future because the land around it. This piece of land was sold to a realtor that will be building a housing development around the sign. The Hollywood stars were gathering money to see if they cThe sign and the walk of fame are great iconic myths. Would Hollywood be the same if there is a housing development around that sign? I think the sign is an icon, but Hollywood itself, the people make that city famous. I don’t think it would make a difference. Apparently the actors seem to think it will make a difference. The overpriced piece of land that sold in 2005 for 450 million dollars will be double that price in order for the stars to gain control.
If you want to see it RIGHT NOW, They have a 24 hour webcam you can take a look at. Do you think that this is a myth for Hollywood? Is Hollywood the American Dream?
The decision is still with me, I can’t really state a position with this. Every time I decide to not agree, I look at an example like OPRAH, and Hollywood was her dream and she continues to ride the flight..

No comments: